Friday, March 6, 2015

sweet girl

i knew it right away
and still
i messed up
i should have stayed silent
should have taken a breath
should have stopped
should have taken a moment to calm myself
but the words spilled out
missed connections 
distance that i wish was not there
oh sweet girl 
close to my heart but far from my arms
those moments on repeat
going over them again and again
i know what to do
what not to do
promises made to myself
promises to you
i yearn to wrap you in my arms
sweet girl
to show you my love
to heal the hurt
you bring such joy
i wonder if you realize
just how much i treasure
laughter bubbling up and overflowing
radiance shining from your smiling eyes
warmth in your contented presence
contagious reach of your carefree spirit
but the words spilled out
you did not hear my love
only the critiques
i should have stayed silent
should have taken a breath
oh sweet girl
i messed up
and i am so sorry
again
you are precious
you are loved
you are perfectly you
you are enough
you are

1 comment: